Any possibility to get the Ageing metrics for every open defects?

Dayaraman Santhanam September 3, 2019

I'm trying to get the open defect ageing metrics for each defect. can anyone share if any gadget available in Jira.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2019

Hello Dayaraman,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

I understood that you are looking for a report/gadget that would display a list of issues together with their respective age. Is it correct?

Just to confirm if we are on the same page, can you let us know if you want the time since the issue was created (current date - Created date) or the time that issue remained opened (Resolved date - Created date)?

Unfortunately, none of the options above are achievable in JIRA application, although we have a feature request about this:

Issue Age Field

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a workaround, you have the following options:

For JIRA Cloud:

You can export your issues to Excel and calculate the created and resolved/current date fields using spreadsheet software (Excel, LibreOffice, etc).

For JIRA Server:

You can make a custom field which would calculate the age of an issue. You could use Adaptavist ScriptRunner or Power Custom Fields. Then, display the field with your issues using the Filter Results Gadget.

Using Power Custom Fields, You scripted field would have a script like this.

return (currentDate() - created); 

OR

return (resolved - created); 

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer