Any plugins available for bulk cloning of issues?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2013

Other than BulkClone plugin, are there any other plugins available in the marketplace for bulkcloning issues?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2013
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2013

What are the maximum number of issues that can be cloned using cloneIssues action at a time?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2013

I assume cloneIssues method clones the Issues within the same project which is exactly the feature I am looking now. The project contains nearly 3000 issues so i executed the below command to clone the issues but i got SAXParseException.

c:\Srinivas\JCLI\jira-cli-2.7.0-SNAPSHOT>jira --action cloneIssues --search "project = 'IPE-XXXXXXXX'"

Remote error: ; nested exception is:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2013

c:\Srinivas\JCLI\jira-cli-2.7.0-SNAPSHOT>jira --action cloneIssue --issue "IPE-3031"

Remote error: Error creating issue: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:CustomFieldValue][id,8168348][stringvalue,https://emea-swi-ipesvn.emea.tibco.com/svn/iProcessSuite/][issue,819130][parentkey,null][customfield,10140] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO customfieldvalue (ID, ISSUE, CUSTOMFIELD, PARENTKEY, STRINGVALUE, NUMBERVALUE, TEXTVALUE, DATEVALUE, VALUETYPE) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (ORA-01654: unable to extend index JMETER525.IDX$$_15220002 by 1024 in tablespace JIRA_DATA))

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2013
  1. The SAXParseException is normally caused by an issue having bad data that prevents proper access via remote SOAP apis. The bad data needs to be removed from the issue - see the discussion on JCLI-392 for instance
  2. The second error looks like a JIRA database size issue
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2013

After resolving the db size issue, I tried again but I got the below message. Does JCLI requires clone-plus plugin require to install?

c:\Srinivas\JCLI\jira-cli-2.7.0-SNAPSHOT>jira --action cloneIssues --search "project='DUCK-Black Duck'"

java.rmi.RemoteException: This operation requires the Clone-plus plugin be installed on the JIRA server. Remove project and type parameters to use the regular clone operation.

Clone of issue DUCK-1 failed.

Remote error: 1 issues failed to be cloned. 0 issues cloned.1

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2013

Clone-plus plugin is required if you use parameters that are not part of the JIRA provided clone operation. For instance, the JIRA clone operations does not allow you to change the project key or to change the issue type. That applies to cloning a single issue with cloneIssue.

On further investigation, it looks like cloneIssues is using clone plus in a case where the regular clone operation would be sufficient - namely copying issues to the same project. I will have to fix that. Is that what you were trying to do? That is a relatively unusual use case for cloneIssues.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2013

I am trying to copy issues to the same project. Just trying to duplicate the existing issues of the project.

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2013

Fixed issue JCLI-393 regarding needing clone plus for copying to same project.

1 vote
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2013

Structure plugin can bulk-clone issues, as a part of the "copy structure" feature - https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Copying+Structure+and+Cloning+Issues

It can clone the issues within the same project or into another project. The idea behind it is that you might have a template structure (hierarchical list) of issues and clone it to create repetitive task lists of any complexity. Cloning is a long process, so it runs in background and can take some time, but eventually Structure can clone any feasible number of issues.

You can try it out on http://almworks.com/structure-demo

Igor

Disclosure: I work for the company behind Structure

Suggest an answer