Any plans to remove license limits for cloud applications?

Sharon Connell December 13, 2017

Why is there a 2k limit to users for cloud applications? Is this something that may change in the future? The Atlassian applications have been such a success in our company that we are quickly approaching the limit but would like to retain our cloud instance.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2017

Scale.  The Cloud servers can't cope with large instances yet.

There are rumours of a jump to 5,000 next, but I haven't heard a timescale for that beyond "hopefully before next summit"

0 votes
Samer Harb January 22, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- @Sharon Connell, we are facing the same issue at my workplace, what do you think about this as a workaround?

1. Get a cloud hosted server from independent provider
  2. Get from Atlassian the self-hosted license (i.e. for 10k users) and install the solution on the cloud server
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

Both of those solutions are good, but they are both Server solutions.  Only Atlassian run "Cloud", 3rd parties will run Server for you.  You just need to decide if you want to host the server yourself, or want to hand it over to a 3rd party, and if so, what level of support you want to go for.  There are plenty of expert hosts, many of them Atlassian partners.

My own company does hosting.  Our levels of support vary between clients - we have one who only have two Jira admins and no system admins (similar to Cloud), so we do virtually all their support, and ones right at the other end of the scale, we only get involved in the front-end when their system admins are stuck.

Suggest an answer