Any other suggestions?

Pete Morrish May 4, 2016

None of these solutions seemed to work for us. We have a somewhat unusual situation where trying to notify starting with "@s" doesn't result in any suggestions. As we've got plenty of Steves / Stephens / Stevens, this poses a problem. No other letters suffer from this problem.

Doing an notifying them via their surname (i.e. if their name is 'Steve Fancypants', going for "@f") unlocks them, and you can then get them in that comment using "@s".

Global permissions are set correctly, the emails thing is set correctly, and renderers are set correctly. No idea what could be causing this one.

Help?

6 answers

0 votes
Pete Morrish May 5, 2016

Thanks Nic.

We did used to have an employee called Štepan, but I've checked his username, and he's in as plain old 'Stepan'. Not seeing any other dodgy-looking characters. Perhaps it's worth manually making sure that there aren't any other not-Ss around.

I do appreciate the help though. I'll ping Support and see what they say!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2016

Ack, I got bogged down in the link and didn't re-read the question properly.  The email isn't the problem, it's the autocomplete, definitely something in the application.

Only thing I can think of is scanning your users for someone with an id that starts with an S like character that isn't really an S.  If you can't find one, then I'm afraid I'm stuck, I'd want to look at the internals of the javascript and autocomplete code, but the ajax behind it is not something I'm good with.  I'd be tempted to ask support at this point.

0 votes
Pete Morrish May 5, 2016

First off: thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

This is all happening well prior to the 'trying to send' stage though, no? It's an issue with the Comments box failing to recognise when a valid name starting with 's' (and only 's', we think!) is being entered.

I've disabled plugins one by one to see if there was some clash somewhere. No joy. Tried older projects with different settings / setups. No joy.

It's a weird one, this!

(edit: apparently it used to work, but stopped about a year ago. That was my rationale for stepping through the plugins, in case one of those broke things)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2016

Yes, it would be nice if it did that smile  It currently just sticks a label on half of them, there are others that do link, but I don't know what enables or stops the linking!

I think the next step is the email debugging - go to "logging and profiling" and enable the outgoing mail log to see what it's trying to send.  If nothing, then we need to dig more inside JIRA (which is probably going to land with support, but if we can at least say "it's not even trying to send", you won't get any mutterings about spam or filtering)

0 votes
Pete Morrish May 4, 2016

Ah, the stuff outlined here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mentions-are-not-working-in-jira-applications-289277743.html

Thought that would be linked to from here, so apologies for lack of clarity!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2016

What solutions are you looking at?

Suggest an answer