It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Any knows how can I change the status of Resolution when the status is DONE?

SP Han I'm New Here Sep 08, 2019

Can I change the status of Resolution?

I can't change the status to DONE as below the picture for Resolution status after the status was DONE.

[BSS-885] CH3875163 : Monthly Maintenance : 20190824 - JIRA 2019-09-09 11-36-02.png

When I have tried back the status I got the message as below the picture.

[BSS-885] CH3875163 : Monthly Maintenance : 20190824 - JIRA 2019-09-09 11-43-28.png

Anyone help me to solve the issue?

Thank you.

1 answer

Hi @SP Han

Best to contact your Site Admins and ask them to look at any restrictions in transitioning out of Done or editing "Done" issues - a few things it might be:

• No ability to re-resolve an issue once in Done - this can happen if you don't have an "All" transition option on your Done status.
  • Permissions restriction for who can re-resolve or re-open an issue
  • No transition out of Done

^ I would advise you also ask your Site Admins to make resolution mandatory when transitioning to Done, as resolution / resolved date are an important part of reporting. You can do this by...

• Having a screen on the transition to "Done" and making resolution a mandatory field on that screen.
  • Adding a transition rule condition that resolution cannot be blank.

Ste

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

308 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you