Any knows how can I change the status of Resolution when the status is DONE?

SP Han September 8, 2019

Can I change the status of Resolution?

I can't change the status to DONE as below the picture for Resolution status after the status was DONE.

[BSS-885] CH3875163 : Monthly Maintenance : 20190824 - JIRA 2019-09-09 11-36-02.png

When I have tried back the status I got the message as below the picture.

[BSS-885] CH3875163 : Monthly Maintenance : 20190824 - JIRA 2019-09-09 11-43-28.png

Anyone help me to solve the issue?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2019

Hi @SP Han

Best to contact your Site Admins and ask them to look at any restrictions in transitioning out of Done or editing "Done" issues - a few things it might be:

• No ability to re-resolve an issue once in Done - this can happen if you don't have an "All" transition option on your Done status.
  • Permissions restriction for who can re-resolve or re-open an issue
  • No transition out of Done

^ I would advise you also ask your Site Admins to make resolution mandatory when transitioning to Done, as resolution / resolved date are an important part of reporting. You can do this by...

• Having a screen on the transition to "Done" and making resolution a mandatory field on that screen.
  • Adding a transition rule condition that resolution cannot be blank.

Ste

Suggest an answer