Any idea why having the behavior add-on enabled in JIRA v6.3.9, would cause "convert to subtask" to cause a 500 error?

Rob Massingill February 11, 2015

My team recently opened a case, JSP-219799, to help determine why we were getting 500 errors whenever someone tried to convert a subtask to an issue or vice versa. It was suggested that the Behavior add-on was the culprit and after some testing I was able to verify that this was indeed the case. Unfortunately, now we have to keep the complete Script-Runner add-on which encompasses "behavior" disabled to get around the issue. Any idea why the issue int eh first place and I there a way to rectify it?

Thanks,

Rob Massingill

2 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2015

I cannot reproduce that. Can you provide version info?

You can disable just the behaviours aspect if you go to Admin -> Behaviours, then click the disable link there.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2015

It's quite likely that you have configured behaviours or a script to do something that is failing when the convert process runs.

You'll need to track that down and fix or remove it - we don't really have enough information to help you do that here because we can't see what you've done there.  I'd start with a look in the logs for the exact errors.

(We can't see support cases, we're end users and can only see our own support cases)

Suggest an answer