Answer value description display

Therigy Devops July 2, 2018

How do I enable the description to display with my answer values? Similar to the "What is the impact to your business?*" question on the Atlassian page.

2018-07-02_14-06-49.png

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2018

Therigy,

I don’t think this can be done by making the description visible as part of the dropdown option.

I believe what you have are two separate things. First you have the field name (“Level 1”) then you have the description under it. (“Production application down…”) By its nature Jira will not display the description in the drop down selection because the description resides within the description field. Rather it will only display the information in the field name. (Level 1, Level 2, etc.)

I think the work -around here is to actually add the description to the field name. Thus the field names would read “Level 1 – Production application down or major malfunction affecting business and high number of staff”

Not the best solution but I think it would work. Hopefully you have permissions to edit the field names. Hope that helps,

Joe

Suggest an answer