Anonymous users access to dashboards

Dan Flint
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2012

Hi,

I have been able to share the system dashboard with anonymous users but do not know whether it is possible to provide access to shared dashboards.

Can anyone help? - I have provided access to the project and its issue to anonymous users, shared the dashboard & filters with "anyone" and am now a little blank.

Thanks in advance

Dan

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2012

Hi Dan!

Follow this steps:

• Login with the dashboard owner user and go to "Manage Dashboard"
  • Go to the "My" tab and access the desire dashboard
  • Copy the URL (ie: http://yourjiraurl/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10300) and share it with desired anonymus users (via email or any other way) --> This is because JIRA allows you to view the dashboar but it doesn't show it on the dashboard option - menu

I tried this with JIRA 5.1!

Cheers!

Dan Flint
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2012

Cheers Leo - Worked as described :)

Ta for the tip Andy - Although I had already done this, it is easy to miss.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2012

The only proviso to that is that all gadgets on that shared dash don't use restricted access filters or projects, they would need to be available to anonymous users or you get nada.

Marek Mikeš July 26, 2018

FYI

I have been lately thinking about similar situation with a difference of displaying EazyBI dashboard (instead of built-in one) on Jira for anonymous users. But I discovered it is not possible due to permissions.

Capture.PNG

0 votes
Nathan Jennings June 16, 2015

Modification... the suggestion by Leo Diaz does work, but I would prefer to point my anonymous users (within my own organization only) to the main JIRA site, have them click on Dashboards from the Dashboard menu option and let them choose my custom dashboard vs sending an email with a link to the Custom Dashboard I set up. It seems like this should work.

0 votes
Nathan Jennings June 16, 2015

Neither of these seem to be working for me.

Project is shared with everyone

No restrictions

Browse is available to everyone

When logged out, still only see the "System Dashboard."

It would be real nice to share a custom dashboard to anonymous users that don't have login rights in my case.

Using JIRA 6.2

Thanks for any assistance.

Suggest an answer