'Anonymous made transition' when transition was made by an authenticated user?

We have many users and this appears to be only affecting one of our users. This message appears in the ticket's transition tab.  The user who made the transition was authenticated and made other changes successfully.  The other changes to the ticket are associated with that user; however the transition is said to be anonymous.  We have also disabled the ability for anonymous users to make transitions. 

@Gabrielle Bautista [ACP-JA] Anonymous access was disabled about a month ago.  We were able to reproduce this today.

Are others experiencing this?  

3 answers

Just a thought... it seems you may be impacted by this issue too. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44875  Please vote for this to be considered for "fixing"

You mention that you have enabled Anonymous Users before so this may happen during that timeframe which can explain the Anonymous in the transition tab. Isn't this the case? Did it happen after you have disabled the Anonymous user login?

I've just noticed the same issue when I transitioned an issue, and we've never enabled anonymous users.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,866 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot