Anonymous made a transition

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2016

I have found similar questions but they seem dated and don't seem to apply to my case unless I'm missing something.

Basically, I am seeing a lot of cases (most) where I am seeing "anonymous made a transition" entries under the "All" and or "Transition" tabs for issues. An immediate example was where I was making these transitions. I moved an issue from To Do to In Progress, commented on it and them marked as Done. Here is what I see in the activity entries in the ticket:

ALL tab:

• I made changes from To Do to In Progress
  • I added a comment

Transition tab:

Anonymous made transition - 33 minutes ago

TO DOIN PROGRESS
5d 19h 54m 1

Anonymous made transition - 22 minutes ago

IN PROGRESSDONE
11m 25s1

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2016

Your JIRA might be set to allow transitions to users who are not logged in, or it's a user you have deleted, or some form of automation.

Start with a look at the conditions on the in-progress -> done transition and then look at the permission scheme - who has "transition" permission?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2016

Thanks Nic. I was looking at that earlier and here is what i found:

i have a condition that only users w/ Resolve issue permissions can make the transition. The permissions scheme for Resolve is set to any logged in user.

I thought that was correct but maybe not?

The user making the change in the above example is me which hasn't been deleted. I don't have any automation (that I know of). I do feel that it is somehow tied to the workflow however this is the default workflow that I don't believe has been edited but could be wrong.

Like Lenin Raj likes this

Suggest an answer