Anonymous access to next-gen Jira Cloud project

Stefan Prelle January 28, 2019

I am testing around with Jira Cloud, trying to decide if I will use Next Gen or classic software projects. At the moment I prefer the Next Gen projects, but there is one feature I am missing: anonymous access to view the issues.

I managed to achieve this with classic projects, but fail to configure somethink similiar for Next Gen projects. I understand that Next Gen projects are still work in progress, so that reduces it to two questions:

1. Is it possible to allow anonymous access to Jira Cloud issues in Next Gen projects?
    If so, what did I miss?
  2. If it is not possible, are there any information on if this is on the roadmap?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2019

@Stefan Prelle Please refer this document to understand how permissions work in a next-gen software project: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/overview-of-permissions-in-next-gen-projects-959283605.html

Going through this document, it seems that Anonymous access (or access for unlicensed users in JIRA) is not yet available in next-gen projects.

Stefan Prelle January 28, 2019

@Taranjeet SinghThanks for the answer. I already found that document , but since it doesn't even mention the anonymous access, I was not sure if this was the answer to my question or not. (Though I share your assumption, that it is not possible at the moment).

Therefore the second part of my question.

Cooper Fellows March 25, 2020

Anyone know if this is on the road map yet? Seems like a(nother) major piece of missing functionality.

Charlie Beckett June 2, 2020

Anyone got an idea of when we are likely to see this.  In its simplest form, it would be brilliant to at least be able to have a public query that is capable of returning values from a next gen.

Like Stefan Prelle likes this

Suggest an answer