Anonymous Access to Service Desk

I have a project and I'd like to implement a service desk within the intranet of my organization, so that every employee (registered or not) can create issues. Service Desk and Customer Portal, respectively, in general work like a charm. I set the respective project to the permission scheme "Customer Portal". There, I enabled the group "anyone" to a) browse the project and b) create issues.

I'm now able to access the project anonymously in JIRA. However, the customer portal automatically redirects me to a login page whenever I try to access the project anonymously :-(

Any ideas?

3 answers

Thank you, Boris. Obviously, it is not intended to use Service Desk / Customer Portal to anonymously access an otherwise closed project.

However, my project is already exposed to the public in JIRA. To me, it doesn't make sense that the Customer Portal is more restricted than JIRA itself!?

I think that has something to do with the license, as Service Desk usually means that you'll have a lot of customers logging requests there, so if there is anonymous access you'll be able to get away with a lot "cheaper" license :).

If you are happy to provide a non-interactive interface, you can use email to create issues through JEMH, which supports both registered users or not (howto).

0 votes

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,243 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you