Anonymous Access to Service Desk

Barret_Wallace April 24, 2014

I have a project and I'd like to implement a service desk within the intranet of my organization, so that every employee (registered or not) can create issues. Service Desk and Customer Portal, respectively, in general work like a charm. I set the respective project to the permission scheme "Customer Portal". There, I enabled the group "anyone" to a) browse the project and b) create issues.

I'm now able to access the project anonymously in JIRA. However, the customer portal automatically redirects me to a login page whenever I try to access the project anonymously :-(

Any ideas?

3 answers

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2016
0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2014

If you are happy to provide a non-interactive interface, you can use email to create issues through JEMH, which supports both registered users or not (howto).

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2014
Barret_Wallace April 25, 2014

Thank you, Boris. Obviously, it is not intended to use Service Desk / Customer Portal to anonymously access an otherwise closed project.

However, my project is already exposed to the public in JIRA. To me, it doesn't make sense that the Customer Portal is more restricted than JIRA itself!?

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2014

I think that has something to do with the license, as Service Desk usually means that you'll have a lot of customers logging requests there, so if there is anonymous access you'll be able to get away with a lot "cheaper" license :).

Suggest an answer