Anonymous Access To Service Desk Customer Portal

Jason Gowans (Aerobatic LLC) June 23, 2015

Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I've searched a number of related questions, and have not found a definitive answer. I want to know if anonymous users can submit issues via my JIRA Service Desk Customer Portal. At the moment, customers must log in or create an account. Is it possible to disable this screen such that anyone can submit an issue via the customer portal whether they have an account or not?

7 answers

4 votes
Nabil
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2018

Was searching for the blog post and stumbled upon this question. You can allow anonymous ticket creation now. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/04/introducing-the-login-free-portal-for-jira-service-desk-cloud

Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2018

will give it a try thanks for posting

Deleted user June 20, 2018

Hi Nabil,

is there also a solution for Jira Service Desk for Server?

Best,

Christoph

Like Support System likes this
Fabrizio Galletti _Getconnected_ July 11, 2018

Any news for service desk SERVER?

Like Support System likes this
Dagmar Koss September 2, 2019

Any news for Server yet?

Marçal_Martorell_i_Bou September 3, 2019

Any news for Server yet?

Like # people like this
orobus99 June 11, 2020

Any news for Server yet?

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2020

@orobus99 

You can set yourself as a watcher of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1030 in order to get updates on this. 

1 vote
Bengt Neiss September 29, 2016

This might be a no go for us as we are expecting a big load of anonymous issues to JIRA Service Desk, a.k.a. the customer portal. If not this is possible, we will have to rely on mail conversation (e mail channel issues), but this is troublesome as we are expecting lots of metadata from the customers at the very start of the issue creation. Mail is in this case a blunt tool for us. We have discovered how to use JIRA itself, but of course we need the customer portal in our purchased installation of JIRA SD to work outside the JIRA users of our JIRA installation, otherwise this is a major drawback to the licensing model based on the amount of agents.

0 votes
Owens K October 7, 2019

Not sure if this helps anyone but I too began looking for a solution for anonymous access for the Jira Customer portal. I don't think that exist per say but what I did was this:

1) enabled public signup to my Jira Customer Portal (Ticketing Dashboard)

What I noticed was that when users sign up via the customer portal it automatically creates an identity for them in my Jira Service Desk. This helped because I had no intention on hand-jamming users in my internal directory.

Also, I changed my default group to one I created and users will by default be added to it. This helps because the default group set in Jira gives any new user automatic access to your Jira Service Desk (Admin Portal). We didn't want that as we only have 5 licenses (for 5 agents). Now when a user signs up they can only use the customer portal.

Hope this helps

0 votes
Raul Salamanca November 14, 2018

So actually is not possible to give anonymous access to Service Desk?

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2016

See below feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1030

0 votes
Kevin Godsey August 26, 2015

Is there a way to implement Captcha on the ticket request page to prevent spam?  Also, if an external user submits a ticket without logging in (anonymously) is there a way for them to inquire into the status of the ticket they created?

0 votes
Marlon Grawer July 21, 2015

Hello Jason,

Yes, this is possible. JIRA can be configured to allow users to create issues without having logged into JIRA. There are two possible actions to do so:

1. Allow users to browse and search issues in the project without logging in.
    1. Add the Anyone group to the Browse Projects permission in the permission scheme for the project.

2. Allow users to create issues in that project without logging in.
    1. Add the Anyone group to the Create Issue permission in the permission scheme for the project.
    2. Set the Reporter in the project's field configuration scheme to optional.

Any issue created by a user who is not logged in will display 'Anonymous' for the reporter of the issue. 

If you need additional information about this process, please refer to this link .

Regards,

Marlon

Michael T. January 13, 2016

Hi, I also have this requirement. I want to have the customer portal to be public (anonymously accessible), but I don't want to let anyone browse potentially secret issues in the service desk project from other customers. It looks like there is no way to achieve that which is kind of sad because for me this is one of the main features of a service desk to give users the chance (without the need to register themselves!) to get help first by browsing the knowledge base without having to create an issue. But I could live with the fact that everything has to be public for service desk to achieve this. So I added the browse projects permission to the service desk project. No I can browse issues anonymously by using the URL https://account.atlassian.net/projects/SERVICEDESK/issues but I cannot access the customer portal without logging in: https://account.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal Is there a separate setting to achieve this? If this would works, then I could try to use issue permissions to achieve my original goal to not allow others to see issues by a specific customer. Best regards, Michael

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 20, 2016

Hi All,

Michael, I'm working on tha same thing. Have you achieved any progess on this since January?

@Marlon Grawer [Atlassian], this is only for JIRA Service Desk Server, right? I'm getting this notification that "Anyone" group is not supported in Service Desk Cloud. I'm trying to make JIRA issues viewable to not only anonymous users but logged in users as well, since they are tipically coming from the Customer Portal which requires login.

Michael T. July 20, 2016

@Levente No, unfortunately not. I would suggest that you vote for this feature: JSD-1030

Suggest an answer