Anonymize data with done status

Outerheaven January 13, 2013

Hello there,

i have a question if it s possible to anonymized the data (example: Assignee, used time) if you move a story from "in progress" to "done".

With that the log files should also be anonymiced. So it s impossible to survey your employees because of data-protection. Its a requirement of the works council!

This should be done automatically or with one mouse klick. So if the progress is done, all personal data should be gone.

Is there any idea for that.

THX!

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2013

I would say, don't use JIRA :)

JIRA is meant and known for keeping every history of an issue, or rather 'issue tracking system' :)

It's not just Assignee, it's all comments, all custom field that uses userdata has to be cleaned up.

If you want to destroy every data that is there in JIRA, export the issue as a word, write a simple word macro to cleanup the data (like you said, 'click of a button') and delete off the issue from JIRA.

mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

You could avoid using the Word macro by using Intelligent Reports to easily define exactly which fields you want exported into the Word document, leaving any personal data out.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2013

The nearest thing there is out there is the would be the JIRA data anonymizer.

Caveats are:

• Custom stx file
  • Redeploy the changes
Outerheaven January 14, 2013

Could i also change the live data with that tool? Or is it only for the backup and log files?

Suggest an answer