Anonymize Data After Ticket Closed

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

Is there a way to anonymize input in a custom field in JIRA after a ticket is closed?  I am looking to have a field where a name is entered after the ticket is closed I want that name to be anonymized.  This would be in the cloud instance of JIRA.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Kristin,

There was a Suggestion that was closed a few years back as Will Not Fix.  You can definitely create another Suggestion for this that is a bit more specific to your use case.  If you do create the Suggestion ticket please post it here so the Community can vote on it and add impact.

Another option may be to download the JIRA Anonymizer for backups and adapt it's code to fit your needs.

Cheers,

Branden

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Will the JIRA Anonymizer work with JIRA Cloud by any chance (I'm assuming no)

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2018
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2018

Hi Kristin,

I have not seen it work in Cloud.  Thanks for creating the Suggestion.  I have voted on it and hopefully we can get more votes to get this added to JIRA.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer