Announcement Banner Configuration on Cloud

Phongsatorn Srikriputtana December 18, 2017

Hi,

How can I configure an Announcement Banner on cloud? I login as administrator and go to Setting>User Interface section but I can't see an Announcement banner menu.announcemnt.jpg

Thank you so much.

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2017

Hi @Phongsatorn Srikriputtana

It appears that this functionality does not yet exist in the new Jira experience, which is why you cannot reach that admin page to edit this announcement banner yet.

There is an existing request to add this back to the new interface in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-67563

Alternatively, you can turn off the new Jira interface in order to reach this page that way.

Regards,

Andy

Phongsatorn Srikriputtana December 20, 2017

Hi @Andy Heinzer

Thank you so much for your answer. I tried to turn off the new Jira interface but I can't find this menu to turn off.

Do you have any suggestion about how to turn off the new Jira interface?

Thank you so much.

Phongsatorn S.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hi,

You should be able to turn this off by following the steps at the bottom of Introducing your new Jira experience:

You should be able to click on your user avatar to bring up a menu like this to turn this off.

turnoffexp.png

However there are certain Jira Cloud instances that might have been opted into a trial program that currently does not have this menu option.

If you do not see this menu option in your Cloud instance, could you please let me know the URL of your Cloud instance so that we can investigate this further.

Thanks

Andy

Phongsatorn Srikriputtana December 20, 2017

Hi,

I can't see this menu on my Jira Cloud instance. Here is the URL :

https://humanica.atlassian.net

Please investigate this issue for me.

Thank you so much.

Phongsatorn S.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
December 21, 2017

Hi @Phongsatorn Srikriputtana

I was able to reach out to Jira new experience team in regards to your instance.   For the time being we have excluded your Cloud instance from this new UI.   As such you should be able to retain using this announcement banner as needed.

Please let me know if this is working for you now or not.

Andy

Phongsatorn Srikriputtana December 22, 2017

Hi,

It still not work for me and I can't see the announcement banner menu. I think I will not set the announcement banner now because I don't want to change the UI to the old experience because of my users. So, I will be waiting for the fixed issue of Jira cloud.

Thank you so much.

Phongsatorn S.

Andrew_Milam July 11, 2018

@Andy Heinzercan you check this for my cloud instance as well https://andrewmilam.atlassian.net?

Thanks!

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
July 11, 2018

@Andrew_Milam I am afraid that it is not possible any longer to revert to the previous UI.  I would recommend watching and voting on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-67563

There is no clear timetable for if/when this feature might be implemented in the new Cloud UI, but by watching/voting on that issue it can help our development and product management teams better understand the desire for this functionality in Cloud.

lnguyenchefworks July 11, 2019

@Andy Heinzer No matter how many people vote on that, it's not gonna get implemented, it has been 2 years and still no movement.

Like # people like this
Maksims Riks May 6, 2020

Still no banner in Jira for 2020

Like # people like this
Louis Linder June 22, 2020

What is the underlying cause for not implementing the announcement banner feature? Is it technically impossible or just a decision by the product team?

Like # people like this
Steven Ventimiglia September 20, 2020

Most likely to avoid an overflow of support requests concerning elements that are customized and then overwritten with updates and future iterations of the cloud service.

For instance, if you run the Jira Server, I formatted the look of my issues with custom CSS that hides the actual banner, but still keeps it active to insert a style block that's placed at the top of every page:

<style>
#announcement-banner {
display: none
}

.aui-label {
font-size: 11px !important;
font-weight: 600 !important;
text-transform: uppercase !important;
line-height: 1 !important;
padding: 6px !important;
border: none;
border-radius: 2px !important;
background: rgba(135, 165, 200, 1) !important
}

.ghx-summary {
font-size: 1.1em;
font-weight: 500
}

.ghx-avatar-img {
width: 42px;
height: 42px;
margin: -5px -5px 0 0;
border-radius: 2px
}

span.ghx-extra-field {
display: block;
height: auto !important;
color: rgba(105, 135, 170, 1);
font-size: 11px;
line-height: 1;
padding: 2px;
margin: 2px 0;
border-radius: 2px;
background: rgba(105, 135, 170, 0.15)
}

span.ghx-extra-field-content {
padding: 2px
}

span[data-tooltip^='Story Points:']::before {
float: left;
padding: 2px;
content: 'Story Points: '
}

span[data-tooltip^='Story Points:'] span.ghx-extra-field-content {
float: left;
padding: 2px
}

span.ghx-extra-field.ghx-fa[data-tooltip*='None'] {
}

aui-badge[title="Unestimated"] {
}
</style>

Dmitry June 9, 2021

This is such a basic and necessary feature for the team management, I can't understand why it wasn't prioritized for so many years. It's a middle of 2021...

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer