Announcement Banner - Atlassian removing ability to inject JavaScript?

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2017

I know that Atlassian has been removing the ability to inject JavaScript into JIRA. I believe the only place you can still do this is the Announcement Banner.

Are there any plans or a timeline on when the ability to inject JavaScript via the Announcement Banner will be removed from JIRA Server altogether? We currently use this functionality to hide some sharing options for filters and dashboards and don't really know of another way to hide those options from our end users.

I tried searching the JRASERVER project on jira.atlassian.com, but couldn't find anything there. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on this - thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2017

Not aware of any plans to remove this in JIRA server but I am all ears :)

Having said that, you can always inject the javascript via a plugin using the web resource module. Recommended if you have quite a lot of scripts and you do not need those everywhere in JIRA!

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2017

Yes, that is the proper way to do it. The announcement banner is risky if youb forget to close a div element, may have to restart JIRA to edit the DB

Like Adria Alonso likes this
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2017

Thanks, Jobin and Matt. Appreciate the feedback! :)

Like Merve Kaya likes this

Suggest an answer