Analyst

Farahath Bujaruk November 24, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Get help and support

Hi,

• I want to know the best practises that are followed while creating a project, setting screen, custom field configuration.
  • What option can be set, so that JIRA logged work synchs accurately with salesforce.com(SFDC).
  • Please share some training videos regarding JIRA guide to let me understand usage of JIRA very well.
  • How to pull traceability matrix from Jira. How to maintain traceability matrix in Jira. please share some vedios for this.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2015

That's more of a "how do I use JIRA" question.  I'd strongly advise that you take an Atlassian University course on administration.

But the specific questions:

• Keep it simple, and document it somewhere.
  • None natively, but you should look into the Salesforce Connector add-on, although you may need to do some additional scripting
  • See the Atlassian documentation
  • You'll need to define what you want from a traceability matrix and compare that with the data you are putting into JIRA, examining the structure of the data, what you want out of the matrix, and what reporting tools you have available

The reason I can't give you detailed answers is that you're asking for everything.  JIRA is powerful and flexible, but it can only be those things because it is complex.  I can't explain the complexity without writing a book, or delivering training courses.

Suggest an answer