An issue lost its workflow

arregator November 14, 2014

Hi,

we have got a JIRA project, where number of issues flow through a workflow, its fine.

However, one issue somehow seems lost its workflow. I can open a link View Workflow  and it seems ok - displays the correct workflow and hughlights the correct state of the issue, but the workflow buttons are not present within the issue and I can not move issue neither down the workflow nor up.

Any solution for the problem ?

Thank you,

Roman.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2014

I've seen this happen from time to time.  

The only quick-fix for this kind of bug short of editing the database is to move the issue to another type (with a different workflow) and move it back.  That should reassociate it.  I recommend that you move it to an issue type with similar screen fields.

Eric

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2014

This does happen sometimes, usually as a result of a crash or a badly behaving plugin or script.  Workflow information is held in more than one place and if it becomes inconsistent, JIRA can't handle it and all the transitions disappear

The first thing to try is simple - go to Admin -> Integrity checker and check all the workflow associations.  That will almost always find and fix this problem.

If it does not, then you might be able to move it to another type (this often fails, and can be impractical as Eric suggests if you've got incompatible field layouts).  If that fails, the next thing you can try is modifying the workflow scheme - copy the current one and swap the project to it, then back again (that rewrites all the issues workflows and will incidentally correct broken ones).  Finally, as a very very last desperate resort, there's the database hacks.  But try all the others first!

1 vote
arregator November 14, 2014

Gentlemen, I am amazed how quick and right-to-the-point your answers!

Nic, thank you for pointing out on Integrity Checker tool - I did not know about it and I am sure it will help me a lot more. I run with everything mentioning 'workflow' and it did not find any problems this time.

Than I tried the solution Eric suggested and it seems worked just fine!

Thank you, guys, very much for your help!

Have a good evenining.

Suggest an answer