An issue in "Issues Removed From Sprint" will not appear in a new sprint

Daniel Brown October 20, 2015

Hi I started getting into the Agile Scrum Boards the last few days.

I started a sprint with some issues that I wanted to take out of that sprint and put in another sprint instead.

Some of the issues have many sub-tasks within them.

These issues all appear in the Issues Removed From Sprint section of the Sprint Report.

These issues cannot be added into any sprint of any board any more. Is there a way to clear out the information that links the issue to a sprint where it appears in the "Issue Removed From Sprint" area?

When I did try and move the issues to another sprint or remove them from the sprint I did get a message about Scope change where the issue would be removed and only appear in reports.

However the issues still have some unresolved sub-tasks that need to be finished.

Please could I get some assistance?

4 answers

1 vote
Tom Baker October 21, 2015

This is a new bug that did not exist before the release of JIRA Cloud Version 7.0.0-OD-08-002

• Before this update, any items move in to/out of/between sprint continued to display on the Backlog screen.
  • Now, moving things makes them DISAPPEAR.

All the missing items share a few things:

1. They have the little * indicating they were added to the sprint after it was started
  2. They are in the Sprint Report section "Issues Removed From Sprint"
    1. This is actually FALSE, because all of these items actually are STILL IN THE SPRINT

0 votes
mlavender July 28, 2016

The issue you are running into is actually this one:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-13810

We have verified this is in fact a bug and are working on fixing it.

0 votes
Daniel Brown October 29, 2015

Hi guys, now that its been more than 24 hours and I have remembered I can reply.

I have a work around for this issue.

Configure the board and ensure all of the issue types are in the board. When I do that the issues all appear again! then I can delete the column with issue statuses I don't want the issues still stay on the board.

I has the issue again today. in one board a subtask was not appearing in the sprint view. But in the other board it was. After mucking around with the configure column they all appeared. Should I raise this specific issue as a defect to fix?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2015

The issues you removed from the sprint. Are they "done"? (Your "unresolved sub-tasks" comment makes me wonder if the parent issues are done)

Suggest an answer