An error occurred" when viewing a Scrum board, Exception: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'addListener' of undefined

Ahmed Abdalla September 22, 2012

When navigating to most of my Scrum boards, I get the following message:

An error occurred Hide...

Please try refreshing the page, or contact your administrator / Atlassian Support if the problem continues.

Details

Exception: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'addListener' of undefined

Resource: https://ejodod.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=5&view=planning&selectedIssue=NM-3

Line: 36

Environment

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.162 Safari/535.19

It shows up most of the time !! yea, sometime it just doesn't show up and I can't get a solid pattern on when does it show up !

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ahmed Abdalla October 9, 2012

Support diagnosed the error as it's due to a javascript error, and it turned out it's due to an old chrome "version 18". After updating to "version 21" the errors disappeared.

1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2012

Since you are on OnDemand, I would contact support to get help. The first thing I would ask for is the information in your logs to see where error actually occured. Support would need to extract your log information, so you might as well contact support.

Suggest an answer