• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • An error has occurred with sending the test email: com.atlassian.mail.MailException: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses; nested exception is: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay

An error has occurred with sending the test email: com.atlassian.mail.MailException: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses; nested exception is: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay

Rajnikanth November 20, 2014

Hi All,

I am getting this error whenever i am trying to send and test email from JIRA.

Untill yesterday it was working fine and from today it stopped working.

Please help in resolving the error.

2 answers

0 votes
JP April 27, 2015

I am having the same issue, external user and i can email him an email trough outlook but not with JIRA test. exch connectors works fine but now with this specific  users from other network

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2015

Same answer, sorry.

Like Сергей Януш likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2014

The "invalid address" is a bit of a giveaway.

Either

1.  Someone has reconfigured your Exchange server to not carry email from JIRA any more
  2. The email address you are sending to does not exist

Suggest an answer