An active User's email address changed and now the person shows up twice when '@' mentioning him

Greg Moore June 9, 2021

The old/original user name that shows up when '@' mentioning this user doesn't send an email to his current address. He never receives an email. He's only listed as a user once. Not all issues have this behavior, it's mostly the older ones from when he had the original email address. How can I eliminate the old user from appearing as an option to '@' mention?

3 answers

0 votes
Vladislav Vaičiūnas January 19, 2023
0 votes
Vladislav Vaičiūnas January 19, 2023

Hi, All.

Looks we're having the same issue,  have someone found a fix for this?

0 votes
KellyW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2021

Hi @gre,

To rule out this being an internet browser cache issue, please test this in Incognito/InPrivate browsing session and see if issue persist.

If so, try running the following REST call to clear the user cache:

curl -X DELETE -u username:password http://jira.domain.com/rest/internal/1.0/cache/app

(info) Make sure to run the DELETE outside of business hours to avoid any user impact, and adjust to command with your Instance base URL and any admin user account and password.

Regards,

Kelly

Greg Moore July 1, 2021

Thanks for the suggested solution. We ruled out the internet browser cache and that REST call returned a 404 error. The impact is small and it's only one user, on older Jira issues.

KellyW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2021

That's rather interesting.
The @mention with existing issue triggers the following REST API call, example I'm at issue# ABC-123 and typed 'aa' to search for the user:

<JIRA_BASEURL>/rest/internal/2/user/mention/search?issueKey=ABC-123&projectKey=ABC&maxResults=10&query=aa

We can post the same query (replace the issuekey, project and query keyword accordingly) in internet browser and see the search result returned against the problematic issue and working issue to note the differences.

Just wondering if the same behaviour is observed across different client machines or different internet browsers.

MJ Bean July 8, 2021

Thanks again for the suggestion. I gave that a shot with 2 different issues. Both came back with the same result, an array with only one user. This does not match up with what I see in the UI. One of the issues does show the duplicate user.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events