Amending template once ticket has been submitted

Devinder Gandhi January 7, 2020

Hi there,

I am fairly new to JIRA and wanted to ask a question regarding the templates.

I submitted a ticket and received a notification that the ticket has been submitted. With that being said, I like how the customer has the power to Escalate, Resolve this issue & cancel request in the window attached...

Would you know where I can add something similar for one of my templates? 

Thanks

Capture.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

What do you mean by "template"?

If you mean the actions that are available on a request, then you need to look to the workflow, and allowing workflow actions for customers.

Devinder Gandhi January 8, 2020

Hi Nic,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

With regard to template, the picture attached shows a ticket submitted via the Jira Service Desk.

As you can see on the right hand side (circled in blue), the customer has an option to "cancel request" & "resolve this issue"

This appears on the final screen once the ticket has been received and a number has been issued to the customer. 

I believe this might be in workflow, but just wanted to double check.Capture 2.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

Yes, that's nothing to do with "templates", it's workflow functions.   You should set your workflow to allow the customers the transitions that you want them to.

Suggest an answer