Amended a workflow and can no longer view the resolution screen when closing issues

Sarah Redding January 6, 2017

I've amended a workflow but can't get the resolution screen to appear as it did before when an issue is marked as closed - I tried assigning the resolution screen to the 'closed' transition in the workflow but no joy. May well be missing something obvious as haven't played around with this functionality much. Can anyone help?! smile

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2017

If the "resolution screen" is set up to be on the transition, then it will appear when you use that transition.

There's nothing I know of that would stop it, so my guess is you've added it to the wrong transition, or you've not published the changed workflow, or not associated it with the project.

Sarah Redding January 6, 2017

Thanks for responding so quickly! The 'resolve issue' screen is set to appear on both closed transitions I have set up (one from 'In Review' and one from 'In Progress'), draft is definitely published and the workflow is definitely associated with the project (double checked by accessing through the project settings). Have attached a screengrab of my workflow in case it's something I've done wrong there...?workflow.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2017

Oooh, I think I know what's happening.

Rather than ramble a really long explanation, I'll jump to a simple test.  Go edit the workflow again and change the name of your "closed" transition to something slightly different.  Like Cl*sed.  Save the draft and go back to an issue and use "Closed" on it...

Sarah Redding January 8, 2017

Oh interesting! That's brought my resolution screen back - and I do have in my list of workflow options 'on hold (2)', 'in review (2)' and 'closed (2)' as well as the same statuses without the numbers - have I managed to duplicate them somehow? If so do you know how I can un-duplicate them?!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2017

Ah, good, I know what it is then.

Take a close look at in-review and closed status in the diagram.  There is a single transition from in-review to closed, and that's the one you have been working with.

But, there's also an "all" transition into Closed.  An "all" transition does two things differently to the arrowed-link transitions

• They add themselves to every status in the flow.  The diagram does not show this because it would give you a mass of lines all over the place obstructing the view, and not really adding any information to it
  • They take the name of the target status

So, you have "closed" transition and an "all" transition called "closed" as well.  My name change test basically swapped you from one to the other.

I don't know if your process needs the "all" transition from every status, as well as your own "closed" transition, but the routes to fixing it are simple:

• Remove the all transition
  • Remove your duplicate transition
  • Merge them - delete one of them, but before doing it, make sure all the transitions, conditions, validators and screens that are on the other are used by the one that stays
  • If you genuinely need two routes from in-review to closed, then give your transition a different name (it sounds odd to suggest that, but there are good cases - an example is "close as a duplicate", where users just want to kill off an issue with a minimum of fuss, automatically set the resolution and not enter more data, but the other "close" transition needs to ask them for detail about why they closed it and check they've entered everything)

Sarah Redding January 9, 2017

Amazing - thanks so much! All fixed now and I've learned something new. Really appreciate your help smile

0 votes
Deleted user January 6, 2017

You might want to check the screen schema for the project to make sure the screen is included. If it was showing before, I would assume it's there, but 'stranger things'...

Sarah Redding January 8, 2017

Thanks - I've checked and everything looks ok in that department smile

Suggest an answer