Am not able to access 'User Management' module from yesterday. wonder what the issue is.. any help appreciated

Krishna Vemula May 13, 2014

am an admin on Jira and since yesterday, am not able to access 'User Management'? Anyone know what the issue is.. any help highly appreciated

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2014

I know this seems like a simple solution, but the only two thing that comes to mind are:

• Someone took away your admin access.
  • Someone adjusted the global permissions so that no admins can access for JIRA System Administrators or JIRA Administrators.
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2014

not that i'm aware of. my best advice is to contact whoever your system admin is to assist.

Krishna Vemula May 14, 2014

Other Jira Administrators are not able to get to User Management too.. system admin, there is no sys admin for our team. not that I know of. is there a default password for sysadmin user?

Krishna Vemula May 15, 2014

I found out that someone took away my access.

0 votes
hhung May 14, 2014

Hi Krishna, I will assume that you are on the newer version of user management?

There must be at least one person at your company that is in the group 'site-admins', that gives them access to user management (it's not possible for no one to be in this group, we've prevented that from happening).

This is the same group that you'll need to have a membership of. It seems like someone may have modified the group memberships which has caused you to lose your access. I recommend finding this out, and if you still are unable to resolve it, could you please raise a support ticket so we can investigate your instance please? https://support.atlassian.com

Krishna Vemula May 15, 2014

Thanks Helen,

Yes I found that one person who has the access to 'Site-admins'.

Thankyou!

0 votes

I tried to check the module at 'Project' level... changed browsers to see some to do with the browser.. checked with other admins in the team... nothing helped. checked the forum.. not much info... in the recent past.

0 votes

I tried to check the module at 'Project' level... changed browsers to see some to do with the browser.. checked with other admins in the team... nothing helped. checked the forum.. not much info... in the recent past.

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2014

what steps have you taken to date to troubleshoot the issue?

Suggest an answer