Am not able to access 'User Management' module from yesterday. wonder what the issue is.. any help appreciated

am an admin on Jira and since yesterday, am not able to access 'User Management'? Anyone know what the issue is.. any help highly appreciated

5 answers

1 accepted

I know this seems like a simple solution, but the only two thing that comes to mind are:

• Someone took away your admin access.
  • Someone adjusted the global permissions so that no admins can access for JIRA System Administrators or JIRA Administrators.

not that i'm aware of. my best advice is to contact whoever your system admin is to assist.

Other Jira Administrators are not able to get to User Management too.. system admin, there is no sys admin for our team. not that I know of. is there a default password for sysadmin user?

I found out that someone took away my access.

what steps have you taken to date to troubleshoot the issue?

I tried to check the module at 'Project' level... changed browsers to see some to do with the browser.. checked with other admins in the team... nothing helped. checked the forum.. not much info... in the recent past.

I tried to check the module at 'Project' level... changed browsers to see some to do with the browser.. checked with other admins in the team... nothing helped. checked the forum.. not much info... in the recent past.

Hi Krishna, I will assume that you are on the newer version of user management?

There must be at least one person at your company that is in the group 'site-admins', that gives them access to user management (it's not possible for no one to be in this group, we've prevented that from happening).

This is the same group that you'll need to have a membership of. It seems like someone may have modified the group memberships which has caused you to lose your access. I recommend finding this out, and if you still are unable to resolve it, could you please raise a support ticket so we can investigate your instance please? https://support.atlassian.com

Thanks Helen,

Yes I found that one person who has the access to 'Site-admins'.

Thankyou!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

790 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you