Always show panels in issue

Sahab Yazdani February 20, 2013

Is there a way to always show the Sub-Task panel in an JIRA issue? By default, JIRA does not show the panel until the issue has at least one sub-task, and it is a lot easier to click the little plus icon than it is to hunt through the menu for it.

Similarly, is there a way to always show the Time Tracking panel? By default JIRA does not display it if the issue does not have an estimate or has not had work logged against it in the past. Again, much more convenient to click the little plus icon to add work hours than it is to hunt through the menu system for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Little things but needs change in the underlying code. They are not configurable.

Sahab Yazdani February 25, 2013

Well that kinda sucks. Ah well. Thanks for the answer.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

Ok, I know this is an old one, but I stumbled across it while I was looking for a related bookmark.  A couple of years ago, Atlassian added a function.

Try adding this to  <jira-home>/jira-config.properties

jira.view.issue.show.quicksubtask.when.no.subtasks=true

and then restart.  The properties file might not exist, it's only created when you need to move away from the defaults.  If you don't have one, just add it.  It's plain text and should have the same ownership and permissions as all the other files in that directory.

Suggest an answer