It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Always mail on Create Issue Edited

Sometimes a user does not recieve a "Issue Created" mail.

All Notificatiuons etc set up - seems to be this issue:

Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 12.14.50.png

Can that be "overruled" ..

UPDATE: This is creation via mail, not UI...

2 answers

Hello,

Users can change this on their profiles:

Selection_406.pngIf you change "My Changes" to "Notify me", you can get notification of your own changes, too.

P.S: This is a user based thing, so there is no way to do it for all the users. Users must change it on their profiles.

Regards.

Thats not the point, I want to overrule it only at "Issue Created". In generel, its not funny to get mail on own changes - but when you create an issue via the mail handler, its nice to get a mail with issue key back, and You also know JIRA Processed the mail

Sorry if the first post was not clear - this is creation via mail...

Elifcan Cakmak Community Leader Sep 10, 2019

Hello,

I understand the problem but it is not an event based configuration, I'm afraid. You can enable own change notification for all events(created, commented, etc.) or none.

Sorry I can't be much help.

Regards.

Elifcan

Like B. Normann P. Nielsen likes this

It was a small hope ... 

I think all events will nuke mails that way with respect for mthe setting, so I might ditch the notification and use Scriptrunner or similar plugin for a mail to the Reporter... either just for the created or simply all notifications

Hi @B. Normann P. Nielsen ,

do you want to over rule "not get notified on own changes" ? If yes, you can do this by changing Notification on your changes parameter under Personnel setting.

http://yourcompany.atlassian.net/secure/ViewPersonalSettings.jspa 

notifyme.PNG

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

872 views 6 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you