Always have to re authenticate in Adminstrator mode

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2013

Hello

I have the Problem that in Administrator view I always have to reauthenticate if I click something
e.g. Updating a plugin leeds to entering my password at lease 5 times!!!

I use LDAP Delegate Authentication

could somebody give me a hint what is missconfigured?

I tried with an extra Adminuser within the internal database. Only needed to authenticate about half the time, but it still not perfekt.

Also I have the starter license for Jira, so I don't won't to use an extra Admin User

Also I'm using Confluence and Bamboo there I have the same problem. (They are configured to use Jira as user repository)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2013

I solved the problem
one of my plugin was the problem, which one I cannot exactly say
but after cleaning up all unused plugins and uninstalling them the issue is gone

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2013

if you want to disable authentication on admin page you have to set the following property in jira-config.properties file

jira.websudo.is.disabled = true

check this document

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Secure+Administrator+Sessions#ConfiguringSecureAdministratorSessions-DisablingSecureAdministratorSessions

you can set administator session time out perriod with

jira.websudo.timeout = 10
check the above document
Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2013

I don't want to disable it

I want to authenticate and not be botered with the authentication Dialog vor the next several minutes!
The problem is that I have to reenter my pwd everytime I click something!

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2013

you can set number of minutes of inactivity after which a secure administator session will time out

check the my answer i have update

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2013

The timeout isn't a problem...
or the default timeout is set to 2 seconds?

Suggest an answer