Alternative to filter subscription

Robin DiNunzio June 15, 2015

I understand that I can create a filter subscription, so whenever the conditions of the filter are met, I am notified. While I need to be notified as soon as possible when the condition is met, I don't want to continue to receive subsequent reminders. Here is my query:

status = Escalated AND component = "Business Analysis" AND assignee is EMPTY) 

Our process is once I am notified that the above condition is met, I assign the ticket. However until I get a chance to do this, I continue to receive emails. I can't change the frequency since I do want to be alerted as soon as possible, but I don't always have a chance to assign the ticket in a timely fashion since sometimes this happens at night or on weekends.

Is there another way to be notified when a ticket is created with these conditions, similar to how I would be notified if someone assigned me to a ticket?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

Create your own post-function email in the "Escalated" transition with (component = "Business Analysis" AND assignee is EMPTY) as the condition. See the doc below:

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-SendCustomEmail

Robin DiNunzio June 15, 2015

I entered: component = "Business Analysis" AND assignee is EMPTY as the condition, entered "test" in the Email and Subject templates, provided my email address and hit preview, and it returned the error 'This issue doesn't exist.' I thought it needed to actually find an issue that met the criteria, so I created a test ticket. I still get the same error.

Robin DiNunzio June 16, 2015

Don't I need to enter the condition in a different format? I'm not sure how to form it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015

Yes, you should something like this: {code} issue.componentObjects*.name.contains('Maven') && issue.assignee != 'Unassigned' {code}

Robin DiNunzio June 17, 2015

thank you! worked perfectly.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2015

Glad to help

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2015

Maybe instead of send you the filter results, you can add a post-function to automatically assign the ticket to you once it was escalated? And then you will receive an "Assign" notification.

Can this be an option?

Cheers,
Andre 

Suggest an answer