Already removed Fisheye entitiy mappings reappear in JIRA and lead to no more available changesets

Stefano Todesco November 20, 2012

For testing purposes a Fisheye 2.8.2 installation was made, some Fisheye repositories were defined and connected to our JIRA instance. This was working fine. The decision to go productive was taken and a complete new Fisheye 2.9.1 installation (no upgrade!) was performed. As soon as the application link from JIRA to the new Fisheye instance has been estableshed the old Fisheye entitiy mappings reappeared in JIRA. This although all mapped JIRA projects and Fisheye repositories had been removed before Fisheye 2.9.1 had been installed. This mappings are still somehow active in JIRA: activating the 'source' tab in our JIRA projects shows error messasges ('The requested resource cannot be found')

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeroen Pot January 10, 2013

Hi Stefano,

I found a way to solve the problem in Fisheye:

1. create a new repository with the same name.

2. The link now reapears

3. Remove the link

4. Remove the repository

0 votes
Stefano Todesco November 20, 2012

Thank you Marcus

I've checked the project links of all my JIRA projects: there are no links configured.

In the meantime I have carried out the following actions (from atlassian support) but they did not solve the problem:

These 3 actions require you to shut down your instance first.

1. Clear your cache. To do this, first access your JIRA installation directory. There, access the 'Work' folder. Delete the contents of the folder. DO NOT DELETE THE WORK FOLDER. Only delete the contents.
  2. Clear your plugin cache. To do this, access your JIRA Home folder. There, access the 'Plugins' folder. Delete the '.osgi-plugins' and the '.bundled-plugins' folders. Not to worry, these 2 folders will be rebuilt when JIRA starts
  3. Rebuild your index from scratch. You can do this by accessing your JIRA Home/caches folder. There, delete your indexes folder. After that, startup your instancce, and re-index. You can do this at your <tt>'Administration' > 'System' > 'Advanced' > 'Indexing'</tt> menu. There, select 'Re-index'.

Cheers,

/Stefano

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2012

Hi Stefano,

You probaly have some application link or the project links still configured from the old version on your JIRA application.

Please verify the Application Links screen and the Project Links on each project administration screen for any links that may be causing this.

Also, try refreshing the cache on your Fisheye configuration screen (on JIRA) just to make sure only the new repositories are synched.

Hope this helps,

Marcus

Suggest an answer