Allows users to add new items to picklist?

Charles Hibbard July 18, 2014

I have a picklist I would like to allow users to add new entries to if the entry they need does not exist. Is there a way to allow users to add new entries while filling out the web form?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2014

No. Select list options are controlled by administrators - the whole point of them is to prevent users entering invalid data.

Your options are

1. Find a plugin that implements this (and prepare to spend a lot of time housekeeping it)

2. Have an "other" option and additional text field that they can fill in (and then have your admins spend time merging all the assorted options together)

3. Use a labels field instead - they can add what they want as labels (And you'll get a good feel for the mess they'd make if they had the freedom to add to select lists...)

KiranK August 4, 2014

Hi,

Is there any way I can show existing user to the userpicklist?

I need to fill the data basically.

I created own plugin where added the user picklist field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2014

The same answer applies.

Suggest an answer