Allowing outside clients to add issues to backlog?

pz44 May 11, 2016

Hello there,

one of my client would like to have access to his project in JIRA and he would like to add issues to the project.

I shall notice, that he is not from our company, he's an outside client. 
Is there a possiiblity to grant him a permission to add ONLY bugs to our backlog?  
and is it a common action to allow clients to add issues?

regards,
Piotrek Zwierzyk 

2 answers

0 votes
Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2016

I have two main user groups in JIRA:  jira-users and jira-vendors.  All internal employees belong to jira-users; and all external belong only to jira-vendors.

Then I provide access to those users via permission scheme/project roles to the relevant project.

NOTE:  you will need to map both groups to the global permission, JIRA Users, so that they can log in.  (In JIRA 7, login access is provided via Application access in the User management admin section.)

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2016

You will find the answer here

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/161095

Suggest an answer