Allowing Transitions only to Reviewer

Manish Pathak December 15, 2016

I have a custom screen where a user selects another peer user as a reviewer of Specifications. Once done, this user should not be able to see the next transitions (Revise Specs or Passed) available for either passing or returning the specs. These transitions should only be available to the reviewer, but currently all the users can see these transitions. How can these be restricted to the intended reviewer?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2016

Hi Manish,

As you describe it, I assume the selection of a reviewer is done using a User Picker custom field. If so, you can use this field to limit the transition.

Edit your workflow and select the transition you want to limit to the reviewer. Add a condition and select the User is in custom field condition. As condition parameters, specify that your user must be in the custom field you use for the selection of your reviewer.

You should be able to get it done like this. Don't forget to publish your modified workflow, once you're done.

Manish Pathak December 18, 2016

Hello Walter,

Thanks for your response.

But when I navigate to add conditions, I do not see any option like you have described. The option closest to your description is User Is In Group Custom Field and the group shown is Epic Status. What is this group, and can I use this condition for my purpose?

Also, is there any option to restrict current user appearing in User Picker field? I do not want assignee assigning the review task to himself.

Manish Pathak December 18, 2016

I am sorry - I should have written: the field shown is Epic Status, and not the group. But this is not my custom field. How can I use this field?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2016

Hi Manish,

the field comes with the free JIRA suite utilities add-on.

Manish Pathak December 19, 2016

Hi Walter,

The JIRA server version we use is 7.2.4 and this utility does not support this version. Is there any other way of doing this?

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2016

Hi Manish,

Are you sure 7.2.4 is not supported?

Look here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/versions

It says version 1.5.2 supports JIRA Server 7.0.0 - 7.2.6.

JSU-vs-7.2.4.jpg

Sam 

Manish Pathak December 19, 2016

Hi Walter and Sam,

Many thanks for your help! I saw the same link and installed the correct version for the server version and was then able to proceed with my work. 

But I notice that this plug-in is only for Server version of JIRA. I am still evaluating the SW and might continue with the Cloud version that we currently use. Is something similar available for cloud version too?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2016

Yes Manish, I believe it even comes pre-installed on cloud nowadays. See this screenshot from my own Cloud instance:

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 12.15.11.png

Manish Pathak January 23, 2017

Hi Walter,

I am coming back to this issue after a very long time as I am currently trying to configure this on my cloud instance. I see that even though JIRA Suite Utilities is shown as user installed, there is no option for me to enable this. I have inserted the screen shot. I do not think this is a permission issue because I have enable\disable option for other add-ins. What could be the issue?

SuiteUtilities.JPG

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2017

Hi Manish,

This link provides a lot of background on the topic. Seems that you could contact Atlassian support to have it enabled for you.

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2016

Hi Manish,

What version of JIRA do have?

If you use JIRA server, the Suite Utilities for JIRA add-on will get you the 'User is in custom field' condition.

Suggest an answer