Allowing ACCESS to a new user for ONE project?

Jiju Mathew July 19, 2017

Reading through previous posts is SO CONFUSING. 

How do I add a userA to an existing projectA ONLY? 

Please advise. 

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

Hi, if you enter the project administration section, at the users & roles link you can add a user to a specific role in an specific project.

check then the groups the user has assigned, these groups may be grant access to other projects

Jiju Mathew July 19, 2017

So what I did: 

1. created a userA
  2. Jira Admin > Projects > Project List -- clicked ProjectA

Now - the userA (when logging in) can see the two projects (ProjectA and ProjectB).  How do I grant userA to have access only to ProjectA?

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2017

check the user groups of user a, maybe the user is in a group that has granted the browse project permission in both projects.

the permission schemes can be shared between projects.

if thats the case, you have several options here:

1. create a new permission scheme, each one with a different group in the role that grants the browse permission, then add each user to the correct group
  2. remove the group from the role that grants the browse project permission and manage the assigment of roles directly with users (not recommended, it does not scale)

Suggest an answer