Allow workflow transition only if a date is reached

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

We have a transition that should be only allowed when the value of a customfield (date picker) is reached.

I have not seen a condition I could use. There is a validator which compares dates, but how would I get the current date to compare my customfield with?

Do you have some suggestion?

Thanks,

Udo

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

i bet the groovy script runner could help.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013
Yes, just use the created date in the code for the condition in the Workflow
Like ferns likes this
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

We have no groovy script runner installed (yet). I'm not sure if I can convince the IT Department to install it. Is there no other way?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013
No not out of the box with jira. As you mentioned workflow editing i assume you have admin access. Thats all you need to install plugins
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

Yes, I have admin access, but I have an agreement with the 'real' admins not to install plugins without their approval.

Suggest an answer