Allow users witha typical role to modify issues only during a part of workflow

Christophe Leite July 11, 2013
Hi there, I've got several status in my workflow : status1, status2, status3, status4. Between each of these status I have transitions. I would like to allow users (with a typical role) to edit some issues only from issue creation and status2, for example, and forbidding them to edit issues after that point. How can I do to do that ? I allow issue edit permission for the role, but this authorize issue edit during all the workflow... :-( Thanks, Christophe

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

You could use the workflow properties. There is a way you can set the permission to a role based on the status of the issue. For details please see here

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2013

Hi Christophe,

You could put the role specific fields on screens that are only used when transitioning from on status to another. If you do this and don't put the fields on the edit screen you can then use the transition validators to indicate which role can execute this transistion and consequently edit those role specific fields.

It's not possible to have role based permissions for each field on a certain screen.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer