Allow specific jira admin page access to all users

ohmkaar kambhampati
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

Hi All,

Is there a way in which I can allow specific jira dmin page access to all users?

Ex: For the moment, http://server.com/jira/secure/admin/user/GroupBrowser.jspais accessible only by jira administrators. However, I want to grant its access to jira users too. Is this possible? (Im well aware of downsides of this too eg: what about internal admin links inside this page? what about page templates what should i be using here ? etc. but despite this, I still need to share one specific admin page to all users)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ohmkaar kambhampati
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

Hi Boris,

I was able to achieve this by copying relevant jsp files from /secure/admin to outside this locations and correspondingly modified actions.xml.

I want to give Group editing privileges to a custom created group within my organization. This group should not however have regular admin privileges. Thats the reason im looking for exposing certain pages to non admins.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2014

And is it possible to actually edit a groups through you new page ? As the API usually have some checks if the user is admin, etc...

ohmkaar kambhampati
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2014

No It is not possible to edit this page as API had some checks exactly like you pointed out.

I might have to consider recreating a plugin to expose this functionality.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2014

So maybe you should unmark you answer as accepted, so probably other users can provide help here (the chance of getting more help on accepted answer is lower I think :) )

1 vote
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2014

In short - this is not possible.

One way you can achieve it is to implement your own page which does the same as the one you've mentioned in your on plugin.

What exactly do you need from the Group Browser page that should be accessible to all users ?

ohmkaar kambhampati
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2014

Follow up conversation.............

From Ohmkaar :

I was able to achieve this by copying relevant jsp files from /secure/admin to outside this locations and correspondingly modified actions.xml.

I want to give Group editing privileges to a custom created group within my organization. This group should not however have regular admin privileges. Thats the reason im looking for exposing certain pages to non admins.

From Boris:

And is it possible to actually edit a groups through you new page ? As the API usually have some checks if the user is admin, etc

From Ohmkaar

No It is not possible to edit this page as API had some checks exactly like you pointed out.

I might have to consider recreating a plugin to expose this functionality.

Suggest an answer