Allow non-users to see issues

Manthan Mallikarjun (nahtnam) December 7, 2013

Hi. I have setup JIRA and set the users to private, so that random people do not sign up. What I do want is that the end users (clients) can see what issues are displayed in a specific project. Is it possible to do this without making them sign up? If so, how?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2013

Its not clear if licensing is part of the problem you have. To do this you just need to create them a user account and tick the 'notify' checkbox, when the login they will be able to 'find' issues that are available to them, perhaps limited by group membership.

- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Users#ManagingUsers-Creatingauser

If you just want to get customers 'invovled' without eating seats. this could be done by email, either outbound only, or full life-cycle, not sure if thats what you want, JEMH does that.

No, basically I am trying to make it so that people can view the issues for a specific project without signin in. I have created a project TD (to-do), and want that to be public so that people can see what is comin in the future.

What would it security bypass. They can only view, not edit create or anything.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2013

So no, there is nothing out of the box for that, it would basically bypass all the JIRA security, not recommended. You'd need to write something custom to do so.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2013

Viewing is a privilege, assuming that all data should be viewable and that all users know that and act accordingly is an ask, if you're happy, ok! How far along your requirements do you get with adding Anonymous to project permissions, then anyone can see any issue in the project, though how that works with SD I dont know off hand?

Manthan Mallikarjun (nahtnam) December 8, 2013

Im sorry I dont seem to follow you. Sorry.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2013

Read through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions specifically references to Anonymous.

Oh, ok. Thank you!

0 votes
Attestation Services
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 30, 2023

I've set up JIRA with private users to prevent unauthorized sign-ups. How can I allow external clients, such as those seeking Canada Certificate Attestation, to view specific project details without requiring them to create an account?

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2013

Hi Manthan,

Another approach might be to generate reports showing the project todo list and any other information you want the clients to see, and set them up to be automatically generated and emailed daily/weekly etc.

Our plugin Intelligent Reports allows you to do this extremely quickly, because you can design the report template in Word, and set up point and click rules to fill in the data, no need to learn a scripting language or API. You can also set it to automatically email you the reports at the frequency you need.

The proble is thats its not free :(

Suggest an answer