Allow members to ONLY view issues related to the group

Mo kammoun December 19, 2014

I have many groups setup. I wanted only group members to view issues related to their associate group. How do I achieve that?. Any advise?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2014

Put the users in the relevant groups, then use "issue security schemes" to protect the issues, using the groups you've defined for the users.

1 vote

Nic

Thank you very much. yes by adding your suggestion , I was able to achieve the scenario. The step you mentioned was missing and that was caused the issue.

Thank you for your quick response

0 votes
Tom Lister January 22, 2017

assignee = currentUser() OR assignee in membersOf("MyGroup")

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2017

That's just finding them, the question was about limiting access.

Tom Lister January 23, 2017

My bad.

We use security levels based on roles and assign groups to roles. Issue security levels are assigned by some users and also by automated issue creation tasks.
We need to keep dealing desks from seeing each others data and this works. Dealers can run any query they like but will only see permitted issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2017

Still a good search to help find them though, goes well with the answer.

0 votes

Thank you but here what I have done:

1. Setup department specific group let us say jira-customer-service
  2. Added all members from customer service to the group
  3. I added in issue security scheme: security level that have assignee, report and developer
  4. I had filters setup per group
    What I wanted truly to achieve is the following scenario:

If I am in customer service, I want to able to submit a ticket and be able to view all tickets assigned to me and ALSO the tickets that are belong to my group. That is all 

Suggest an answer