Allow members to ONLY view issues related to the group

I have many groups setup. I wanted only group members to view issues related to their associate group. How do I achieve that?. Any advise?

4 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Put the users in the relevant groups, then use "issue security schemes" to protect the issues, using the groups you've defined for the users.

Nic

Thank you very much. yes by adding your suggestion , I was able to achieve the scenario. The step you mentioned was missing and that was caused the issue.

Thank you for your quick response

Thank you but here what I have done:

1. Setup department specific group let us say jira-customer-service
  2. Added all members from customer service to the group
  3. I added in issue security scheme: security level that have assignee, report and developer
  4. I had filters setup per group
    What I wanted truly to achieve is the following scenario:

If I am in customer service, I want to able to submit a ticket and be able to view all tickets assigned to me and ALSO the tickets that are belong to my group. That is all 

assignee = currentUser() OR assignee in membersOf("MyGroup")

That's just finding them, the question was about limiting access.

My bad.

We use security levels based on roles and assign groups to roles. Issue security levels are assigned by some users and also by automated issue creation tasks.
We need to keep dealing desks from seeing each others data and this works. Dealers can run any query they like but will only see permitted issues.

Still a good search to help find them though, goes well with the answer.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

469 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you