Allow issue movement to a particular step only

Rizwan Rizvi December 18, 2013

Is there a way by which I could prevent issue to be moved to particular status or allow only moving issues to a particular step in the flow?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2013

This is exactly what conditions in your workflow do. They say "if X, then do not allow transition" (most conditions are things like "current user must be in group/role or the assignee", but you can do stuff with fields and other things too)

I have a feeling I may have misunderstood the question though. If conditions don't do what you need, then could you explain further?

I cannot restrict the person moving issue by Roles etc. I have to allow people to move issues but restrict which status they move into. E.g.

There is role called Users

I need to allow Users MOVE issue permission but when moving to a Project A with Status NEW, RESOLVE CLOSE, I want them to only be able to move to NEW and none of the other ones.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2013

Ok, that sounds you are talking about the function to move issues between projects, not "move to a particular status". You did not say that before.

You want to restrict the landing status when you move an issue from one project to another. I'm afraid there is no function in Jira for doing that.

Yes thought so, but still if there is some way. I would love to try that.

Cansin Yildiz May 16, 2018

I am not very hopeful but, did anyone figure out a way to do this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2018

Move can't restrict the landing point, no.

Suggest an answer