Allow issue editing only to assigned users and project manager role

Wassim Ben Hamadou April 6, 2017

Hello,

I want to achieve this:
When creating a new issue (e.g. issue-1) in JIRA, at first there is no assignee. Only users that belong to the project manager role are able to assign new issues to a user (e.g. Bob).
Now that Bob has been assigned to issue-1 ONLY the user Bob (and users that belong to the project manager role) is able to edit this issue. So only bob may edit this issue's fields and add worklog data. Bobs team mates can see the issue but can do literally nothing with it, because they are not assigned to it.

Is this somehow possible in JIRA 7.2.1?

Thanks a lot!

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2017

Yes.  Look at the project's permission scheme.

This has a line that says "edit permission" - make sure that says "Assignee and Role: project manager", and nothing else.

Wassim Ben Hamadou April 9, 2017

Great! I'll test it out these days and provide feedback on how this worked out! 

Thank you VERY VERY much!!

Wassim Ben Hamadou April 24, 2017

I'm sorry for answering this late, but the test server I intended to test this issue with is not accessible yet. I'm confident that it will work though. Thanks again!!

Suggest an answer