Allow issue editing for PO only when in Backlog, disallow in Sprint

Tomasz Jagusz May 13, 2016

I have simple configuration that allows Product Owner to create stories and add them to Backlog. I'd like do disable editing Stories and Issues for PO when they are in active sprint.

Idea is to restrict him ability to change Description, Title and Definition of done.

Can this be done?

Ideally I'd like that fields to be read-only for PO when item is in sprint.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2016

Not really.

The closest I can get is that you can limit or block editing when an issue is in a particular status.  So you could set it up so that issues in "to do" are editable, but once they're "in progress", it could be blocked.  Your PO would still be able to edit things in the sprint, but only if they're unstarted.

Tomasz Jagusz May 13, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] thanks for such fast reply. Could You please edit Your answer and describe steps needed to disable some fields in a particular status? CO I understand correctly that I can block editing issues for specific Group (Product Owner) in particular status?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2016

It's not quite a "block PO", it's more "allow other people who aren't the PO"

Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/workflow-properties-776636709.html - I suspect you want to add properties like the one below (assuming your PO is not in the developer role)

jira.permission.edit.role=developers 

Tomasz Jagusz May 15, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Yes, PO is not a developer. I'd like PO to be able to create issues and edit them until they be in sprint. If issue is in sprint everyone can add comments, attachments, but everyone won't be able to change title and description.I'm searching for plugin to do that, but all I found is https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.quisapps.jira.jfs/server/overview

Ideally I'd like to do that without plugins, but if there is a plugin that can help me, I'll be grateful for pointing it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2016

If you can divide your issues into status in backlog, and status when in sprint, I've given an answer.

Suggest an answer