Allow anyone to email (create) service desk ticket without account AND per-project?

Justin Hendrix October 20, 2017

We have multiple service desk projects. I have one that I would like to open so that anyone can send an email to it and create a ticket, and get a custom "we've received your support request" reply. I do not want them to have to create an account-- it should be created by the system upon submission of a ticket. This is a global permission and it affects all the service desks, it appears, which I do not want. Can I enable this globally, but then disable it on a per project level? It sort of looks that way in the Customer Permissions settings, but I don't want to expose the others while I test this theory? 

Service desk cloud version

Can this be done and how? Thanks! 

1 answer

0 votes
Maurice
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2017

Hi Justin,

It sounds like you have this one figured out, so I'll just confirm that you've got it.

The global customer permission is there to control how much functionality your project administrators will be able to have in setting up incoming requests.

You can use the global setting to grant the ability to projects to enable anyone to submit issues without logging in.
The only way for a project to have the end result of being able to create accounts for users that don't already exist is if you enable both the global and the project level setting.

Half way down the following article you'll find a table that shows the different combinations of these two settings and the results you'll get from them:
Global customer permissions

Hope that clears everything up, let us know if you have any other questions on how this works!

Best regards,
Brian

Suggest an answer