Allow all statuses to transition to this one. Edit the word "All"

CJ Edwards September 19, 2019

In a Workflow Diagram there can be a status that "all statuses can transition to".

Often there are conditionals/validators on these global transitions, hence 'ALL' is not a proper descriptor.

Is there a way to override/edit the word "All"?

image.png

3 answers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2019

There is not a delivered way.  What is the reason driving this change?

Hi Again,

Like I mentioned in the question. 

All is not a proper descriptor once you have any conditional associated with the transition. We use this technique often to keep the highly scripted workflows clean and clear.  Except for "All" which is confusing. 

I know there is no out-of-the-box way to just change it but I am more than happy to script a "fix" once I know where the source is.    .class .js .vm etc...

Ty and Cheers

This example is highly automated and scripted for bots, QA, jenkins, et al.

The "All"s are def. not "All" for everyone. :)

image.png

0 votes

Hi Brant,

I am aware of editing the values of what the Transition will be identified as in the Screen view

What I am trying to edit is the word "All"

I have found the reference in the workflow-designer-plugin, GlobalTransitionFigure.js and GlobalTransitionFigure-min.js.

text.setText(AJS.I18n.getText("common.words.all"));

I am not convinced that editing those to 

text.setText("...");

Will actually update the view 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2019

CJ,

All is just showing that any status or all statuses can transition to the To Do status.  If you click the transition then you can change the name of what the transition is to go to the To Do status.

pic.PNG

Suggest an answer