Allow a goup to view an issue if a custom field is set

Steve Lukose May 21, 2012

We would like to make jira issues that have our "customer visable" custom field set to true, visible to our technical support team.

Is there a way to make issues within a project viewable to a certain group if we have a custom field set?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steve Lukose May 22, 2012

Thanks Guys for solutions. I ended up using the issue security levels and also adding javascript to my custom field so when it was checked it would trigger a change to the security level for the field.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Fields+Allowing+Custom+HTML+or+JavaScript

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

Glad to here that Steve! Remember to mark the answer in order to help other users!

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2012

You can use Issue Security levels but it doesn't work based on a custom field value set to true or not. Instead, you should have a user/group custom field on the issue and use that in the security levels. The user/group custom field should then be populated with the appropriate values when the issue is created/edited.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue-level+Security

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2012

I found this plugin called Field Security Plugin for Jira that I think that it is something like what you are looking for.

The problem is that it is a paid plugin

Suggest an answer