Allow Public to View JIRA Issues

Braden Napier February 5, 2015

I have seen people saying they could allow public viewing of JIRA issues by setting the Issue Browse Permissions to "Group (Anyone)" - this does not work for me.  I set this but the issue still can not be seen by the public.  

I did the same for the entire project and now I can browse the project but it states that I do not have any issues present when not logged in.  The issue itself is absolutely set to the security scheme I created "All" which has "Group (Anyone)" for Browse Options set.

I want my users to be able to VIEW the Public JIRA Projects we make so they can track our issues without signing up.  Beta case they could also sign up for email notifications (watch) any issue they'd like.

2 answers

2 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2015

Have you tried setting the security level to "none"?

MilanCiti June 29, 2015

Good hint. For example, we have our Issue Security level to Private and it works as expected.

1 vote
Steffen Stamprath
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2015

If you don't want to make the whole project public maybe this plugin is a possibility for you:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/aptis.plugins.issueViewer

With this plugin you can give customers a view of a issue without have an own JIRA account for each customer and secured with a token.

Suggest an answer