Allow API to edit fields in JIRA which are restricted to specific user.

siva December 27, 2018

i have added few fields to BEHAVIOR plugin , so that the fields will be only editable for specific user.

I Need those fields to be editable by REST API is it possible or is there any work around.

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user December 27, 2018

Hi @siva

Assuming you are referring to ScriptRunner's Behavior module, if your field is just toggling between read-only and read-write, this shouldn't affect the REST API as behavior only runs on the UI as far as I understand.

kind regards
Jorden

siva December 27, 2018

@[deleted]

the field is set to read-write for single user  JOHN in BEHAVIOR plug in.

but API  is not able to update the field. ( even user JOHN is not able to update with UPI )

he is able to update on jira ticket not by API.

any suggestions. ??

Hi @siva

Could you show me the API call you're trying to make and your configuration in the behavior module?

Thanks
Kind regards
Jorden

siva December 27, 2018

121.PNG

1211.PNG

Hi @siva

I still think that the behavior configuration is not the cause of this problem. Could you try to turn off the "Readonly" and try your API call again?

If you still stumble upon the same error, that means Behavior has no impact on this and you can turn it to "readonly" again.

Could you show me the URL you are using for your API call (you can leave out the base URL, so everything before the "/rest/" can be left out). 

Kind regards
Jorden

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer