All worklogs for an issue through issue end point

Talk About September 3, 2013

Hi guys,

I have the problem that the rest endpoint for an issue

issue/{ISSUE_KEY}

always returns only the first 20 worklogs. I would like to have all worklogs in the resulting object, is that possible? I need the same also for comments...

Edit: strange thing... the comments are not limited, all of them are returned. Why does the behavior differ between those two lists?

Thanks!

7 answers

0 votes
Talk About September 11, 2013

Hi Pedro,

this is very interesting. We are using jira as onDemand service in the version "Atlassian JIRA v6.1-OD-06-1".

Thanks for your answer!

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2013

What is the version of your JIRA? I just tested this and got more than 20 entries.

0 votes
Talk About September 8, 2013

I am not using Java so this is not a solution for me, but thanks for your answer!

0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2013

In that thread, it mentioned "Recursive calls would be fine, but I am not sure that I see a way to do it using only the Java API.", perhaps you can try to use the jira rest client, https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.jira-rest-java-client

0 votes
Talk About September 7, 2013

Thanks for this answer. I already read this post, but the solution mentioned there "using the tempo rest api" does not solve my problem. Anyways, I really think that this behavior should be corrected so that comments and worklogs are returned the same way.

0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2013
0 votes
Talk About September 7, 2013

As nobody seems to be able to help me on this, should I raise a BUG for it? In my opinion the behavior is kind of inconsistant, espacially looking at worklogs and comments.

An answer from Atlassian support would be nice at this point, thanks!

Suggest an answer